In the workshop ZAKRUGOM.ru in a quiet friendly atmosphere you can learn basic techniques and create your own unique product!
Feel the taste of creativity at the 1st introductory lesson:
- mini-lecture on the qualities and properties of clay
- observing the artist at work
- preparing the clay for the work
- centering the work piece on the wheel
- mastering the basic positions and blocks of hands
- making one or two simple pieces like "glass" and "bowl"
After the introductory lesson you can enroll in a course which represents approximately the following program (approximately, because each person has individual rate of learning and different interests):
- understanding proportions
- techniques of stretching walls
- contraction and expansion of walls
- making items with curved reliefs (pitcher, pot etc.)
- making items with a spout and handle (mug, teapot, etc.)
- crafting a cover
- shaping bottom and walls
- cutting patterns
- mini-lecture on the techniques of decoration
- glazing and coloring
- making flat products (plates, saucers, etc.)
- developing and implementing your individual project
- choosing one or two products for final firing
A few hours spent at a potter’s wheel will give you the joy of creation, the pleasant sensation of contact with clay, and emotional balance.